Renee Sanderson - K'alemi Dene School Almost exactly a year ago, Renee Sanderson joined the K'alemi Dene School team...
Lillian Mackenzie - K'alemi Dene School Lillian Mackenzie is a Grade 11 high school student at K’alemi Dene School...
Welcome back, students! We missed you over the holidays. Attached is the school calendar for January and February 2021....
Come and see Christmas trees cut down and decorated by K'alemi Dene School students outside the school on December 17, 2...
Denine McDonald - K'alemi Dene School Mr. Denine McDonald, or Mr. Mac, joined the K'alemi Dene School team in Septemb...
Herbie Apsimik-Frise - K'alemi Dene School Herbie Apsimik-Frise is a Grade 9 student at K’alemi Dene School and YK...
KDS Vision Statement:
“BUILDING OUR CHILDREN’S FUTURE TODAY BY TEACHING AND LEARNING THE DENE WAY.”
KDS Mission Statement:
"KDS is committed to providing quality education for our students by concentrating on four components of learning:
Language & Culture ~ Academics & Technology ~ Physical & Active Living ~ Dene Laws & Virtues Education"
Through the development of skills in these areas, students will grow and develop into respectful, healthy, diligent, and strong Dene who will give back to their families, community and the North.
Our programming continues to operate from Kindergarten to Grade 12. We teach our students that there are four key ingredients on the road to a successful education and life:
- Having a good attitude (being positive)
- Having a strong work ethic (diligence)
- Practicing perseverance (stick-to-it-iveness! Don’t give up, especially when the going gets tough!)
- And having integrity (doing the right thing when no one is watching, only Creator)
- Wowk, Meagan - Principal
- Pal, Shweta - Child and Youth Care Counsellor
- McConnell, Ali - Mental Health Counsellor
- Linnen, Janna - Junior Kindergarten
- Harris, Julie - Kindergarten
- Deavu, Ashley - Grade 1/2
- McDonald, Jolene - Grade 3/4
- Cote, Danielle - Grade 4-6
- Lizotte, Courteney - Grade 6/7
- McDonald, Denine - Grade 8/9
- Mansfield, Mike - High School Science, Grade 10
- Hughes, Ty - High School ELA, Social Studies
- Pyke, Chris - High School Math, Art
- Evans, Alice - Wiiliideh Yatii Instructor
- Hamilton, Ty - Language and Culture Coordinator