Dear Parents/Guardians, École William McDonald Middle School is excited to announce their Library Revitalization pro...
Check out the information for Parents and School Staff regarding cannabis and school. PARENTS: What you need to kn...
Friday, October 5, 2018 marks World Teachers' Day. Click here to read a press release from YK1 Superintendent Metro Hucu...
All YK1 schools will be hosting public Open Houses over the next few weeks. Drop by our schools during the following tim...
All YK1 schools are excited to host their Fall Open Houses for all of the public. Range Lake North School: Se...
Join us for a FREE Pancake Breakfast Saturday! Date: Saturday, August 26, 2017 Time: 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m....
Our new KDS Vision and Mission Statements are featured in the entrance foyer of our school. They were approved at our last Ndilo Community Education Meeting on November 25, 2009. Mahsi to our parents, families and community members who contributed to creating the vision and mission statements that will guide the future of education in our community school.
KDS Vision Statement:
“BUILDING OUR CHILDREN’S FUTURE TODAY BY TEACHING AND LEARNING THE DENE WAY.”
KDS Mission Statement:
"KDS is committed to providing quality education for our students by concentrating on four components of learning:
Language & Culture ~ Academics & Technology ~ Physical & Active Living ~ Dene Laws & Virtues Education"
Through the development of skills in these areas, students will grow and develop into respectful, healthy, diligent, and strong Dene who will give back to their families, community and the North.
At present, we are beginning our 13th year in operation: 2010-11. This will be our second year in our brand new school building. Our programming continues to operate from Kindergarten to Grade 12. We teach our students that there are four key ingredients on the road to a successful education and life:
- Having a good attitude (being positive)
- Having a strong work ethic (diligence)
- Practicing perseverance (stick-to-it-iveness! Don’t give up, especially when the going gets tough!)
- And having integrity (doing the right thing when no one is watching, only Creator)
We are looking forward to a super year of school! We are especially proud of K’alemi Dene School, as “our school is more than just a school it is our family!” quote Stanley Mackenzie, KDS, Grade 3, June 2008. Remember, if there are any questions or concerns; please do not hesitate to contact the school.
- Administrative Assistant & Finance
- Hergott, Kari
- Wowk, Meagan - Acting Principal
- Casson, Annie - Middle
- Deavu, Ashley - Elementary
- Havill, Jessica - High School
- Hernandez, Anna - Elementary
- Johnston, Mike - High School
- Kavanaugh, Justin - High School
- Linnen, Janna - Junior Kindergarten, Kindergarten
- Murphy, Natalie - Elementary